Although our family spends an incredible amount of time in Destin – (especially once the warmer weather starts each year) – we also love to venture out to 30A and enjoy some of our favorite eateries and beach clubs.
So I thought it might be fun to introduce you to a perfect 30A day for us! For those of you that don’t know, Highway 30A/Scenic Highway 30a is a 20 mile scenic coastal highway that is located in South Walton and traverses 16 unique beach communities. (Our favorites are Grayton Beach, Seaside, WaterColor & Rosemary Beach!)
Our Perfect 30A Day – Version #1 (Just in case we want to tell you about a version 2, 3, 4, etc. in the future – there is a lot to do!)
- Departure Time – 8:30am – (We live about 40 minutes from 30A but it’s only a 20 minute drive if you’re in Destin!)
- First Stop – Amavida Coffee in Seaside, Florida. We absolutely love their frozen coffees!!! The Vanilla Cream is pretty amazing too.
- Second Stop – The WaterSound Beach Club. (This is a Member’s Only club but if you vacation with St. Joe Club & Resorts or you put your vacation home on their rental program you can access the amenities too. Memberships are available as well.) If we didn’t have a membership, we would definitely stop at Grayton Beach State Park – one of our favorite public beach access points!
- Shopping – We love shopping in Rosemary Beach – especially Pish Posh Patchoulis. They make the most amazing hand made soaps and sugar scrub. This is a do not miss!
- Kayaking/Yolo Boarding – We love going down to the Boathouse in WaterColor and renting a kayak for each of us. We get tired after an hour of kayaking down Eastern Lake – one of the coastal dune lakes, but the view and activity is well worth the sore muscles.
- Dinner – There are over a dozen places that at any given time we may call our “favorite spot on 30a” but for today’s excursion I’ll use one of our most common spots – Havana Beach at The Pearl Hotel in Rosemary Beach, Florida. Yum, absolutely yum – The Smoked Shrimp and the Braised Pork Belly are our favorite apps and are perfect for sharing. If I’m not in a seafood kind of the mood – the Short Ribs are a sure thing, but if the sea calls – the Seafood Special of the evening has never disappointed. Dessert is easy – Beachside S’mores!